PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 07:07
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
johno

sympathy abounded until i mentioned people are crying about flying to work..living in portugal or some foreign country and working UK. Expletives abounded
The issue of BA crew commuting by air has been blown up in the media to attract the green eye of envy..it certainly makes good copy, especially in the Daily Mail, which sells in significant numbers in one of our local "tabacs"

In reality there are plenty of Brits down here in my part of France who "commute" by air to the UK to work, I know of oil industry workers ( commuting maybe 5-6 times a year), City types ( once a week - so similar frequency to airline crew ), and there's even the odd one or two high powered types who do a daily commute to London when the schedules allow it....so it's really not that unusual, what is unusual is being stupid enough to jeopardise your ability to do it.

Do the strikers have any inkling of the lack of support and in a lot of cases despise they engender from members of the public and users of BA's services?
Sadly the answer is no, or worse still if they do know, they don't care.....

Last edited by wiggy; 29th May 2010 at 07:52.