PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th May 2010, 04:29
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can tell from the name I am an outsider that will benefit every time BASSA decide to go on strike.

BASSA grow up. Every time I see the negotiating team on the telly it makes me think of the miners in the seventies. I do however notice that union negotiators seem to have much nicer sun tans nowadays. When this is all done and dusted, things will not have improved for the crew and the young ladies and gents will be asking themselves how they got dragged into it. It happens every time trivial factors get linked to ideals.

When it all goes to crap, the cabin crew will be looking at each other asking how they got into the position they are now in with not a union negotiator in sight. Lets look at one of the last arguments of this kind, pilots this time:

The Belgian Cockpit Association (BCA), which represents the airline’s 1,100 pilots, called on its members to take industrial action because it did not think the company had enough funds to implement the strategy.

Sabena’s chief executive, Christoph Müller, warned the BCA that the strike could jeopardise the airline’s survival. “Any destructive action at this point would kill Sabena,” he told Belgian television.

Müller has previously said that the carrier would go under by the end of the year unless the restructuring plan was adopted.
So what happened? Nope the management weren't lying, Sabena died and the Union Negotiators topped up their tans.

Good luck to all the hard working loyal staff but sadly as the precipice approaches and when the company fails you will only have your striking colleagues to blame for following this man like a lemming.

Last edited by ekwhistleblower; 29th May 2010 at 04:44.