PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 01:17
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
Don't worry about how this hypothetical pressure build up could happen just yet. The key questions I am hoping to answer are,
(1) Would this scenario likely proceed to a sad conclusion?
(2) Is Pilotaydin's sim experience technically flawed in its description?
(3) If the sim experience is technically valid, how could you break the sequence of events?
(1)(2) For sure when the airplane is stalled (however are the Pitot tubes and their respective drain hole, still obstructed or not) the indicated airspeed will decrease as the airplane is going down, high speed protection will cease and alpha floor should soon trigger but with an airplane already fully stalled. Then it all depends how the pilots will manage to exit the stall : Some guys tried it in a simulator and the only way they managed to recover from a deep stall was to select some flaps out … Now, is that specific simulator really representative of the airplane ?

(3) To prevent such scenario to fully develop, only a binome of 007 agents would deactivate the high speed protection as soon as triggered by degrading the system to alternate law which could be done by switching OFF two of the ADRs.

As I didn’t get the opportunity to practice any of this in a simulator, I cannot guaranty the reasoning behind.