PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 21:55
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the evidence examined to date clearly shows the fuselage must have impacted the water intact in a rapid vertical descent with relative slow travel in the horizontal plane. The bodies recovered in evidencing compression injuries, being well clothed and well preserved, that there was no fire or explosion, that the radome, a fairly fragile structure, was recovered, bear witness to this.

The possibility of electrical activity at the FL existed, but the presence of SCW at FL 350 has not been considered very probable and would necessarily have been limited to small quantities. However there was convective activity along the planned route. I do not therefore believe that pitot icing was a factor. It is I believe more likely that the aircraft in its manoevers to avoid CBs, inadvertently entered an area of intense wheather and possibly lost a part or the whole of one or both wings, resulting in a spiralling flat spin to the ocean below. This I believe is a far more likely scenario which may also explain the lack of any further transmissions from the aircraft and the location of debris recovered.

I wait with some trepidation to see what the TV moguls make of it. My guess would be that it would be the usual sensationalism to scare the travelling public just at the right moment in time, the start of the holiday season in Europe.