PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 28th May 2010, 19:53
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest Holley missive

It's all about him, isn't it. Perhaps if the union could have been bothered to turn up for talks then they'd have had the opportunity to meet Willie they seem to crave. I'm sure the psychologists will identify the adult-child nature of the transaction between Holley and his nemesis. "I just wanted you to love me Daddy, but now I'm going to be soooo naughty you'll wish you never punished me."

Hi everyone - just got back from Bedlam FC. And, having had a close encounter with a bus load of "tired and emotional" Liv/Manc members I am pleased to say I am still in one piece.
My God, that lot can drink - Bedfont is still reeling. I would also just like to send my best wishes to their bus driver - you sure got the short straw.

Seriously, what this lovely lot did today is the epitome of what this dispute has become - cabin crew from all over the country, and indeed the world uniting in one cause. Standing up to a bully.

Some of the stories I have heard today of some of the tricks BA managers are pulling simply defy belief and, on at least 2 occasions crew members have had to call the police for protection. More on that another time.

It appears now Willie still has three objectives which remain obstacles to peace.

1. He is determined to punish the strikers, despite the fact that returning full staff travel rights is not a cost issue (in fact it is a positive revenue issue).
2. He is determined to have a regime change at BASSA. Well he's got rid of me (he thought) but I'm not going anywhere soon. Seriously why is he so anti-BASSA, he's never met me or Lizanne and yet he talks as if we introduced Arthur Scargill to the world of militancy. Willie, grow up - man. Don't believe what Alun Howells told you - we want what you want, what the crew want, a happy successful airline. Nothing more, nothing less - it is a shame that, since your arrival you have never ever bothered to meet us or even talk to us. Had you even attempted to have been approachable from the beginning we surely would not be where we are today.
3. I also hear he wants "to starve the crew into submission". Well, Willie all I can say to that is, judging by the mound of cakes at Bedfont today you will have a long way to go. If you think you can brow beat the people who have gone on strike then think again. perhaps we should send a coachload from Man/Liv by way of example. They make the SWP look like ***** cats believe me.

Finally I gather you are unhappy at my new found position as BASSA spokesman. And you are angrily firing off e mails to the media (wined and dined) saying why are you interviewing that "lunatic" Duncan Holley and, have even instigated, using the BBC, another dirty tricks campaign re my income from Unite. Well, Willie the truth hurts. Perhaps you should have kept me quiet by leaving my disciplinary process dangling on a string like you have some of the other reps. You cannot silence the truth!

So, it looks as if the dispute will enter it's fourth stage. It is a shame that because of the 3 points above (all of which are simply outrageous reasons to continue this war) this nastiness goes on. We - that is BASSA/UNITE and it's membership - are still prepared to do business, forget all the personal stuff and end this dispute. If you drop these 3 unnecessary sticking points, sanity can prevail, but you have to appreciate you will not succeed if you continue to threaten, bully and intimidate.

Day off tomorrow everyone - so get baking, recover from your hangovers you north westerners and we will see you bright eyed and bushy tailed on Sunday morning. Remember everyone who gets to Bedfont before 10am gets a free breakfast bun.

As you can see by Willie's 3 objectives there is still much to do, and we need to remain united and determined. The XXXX army is on the march, it is getting bigger every day and I don't just mean in waist size.