PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas transition from FE to FO
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 17:04
FirstStep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost in translation...

dumbdumb

What is your point?. Other than using this forum to rant ( you would not be alone, true ) you seem to have lost ME in what your point is?. Are you pissed off that as a pilot ( assuming with Atlas ) who transitioned from the FE seat you lost your DOH seniority, and now your furloughed?. Or because you can't hold a base you want, or mabye not the lines you want?. And you mention multiple type ratings, soooo, were you hired as an FE with all that heavy time???. And if you ARE on furlough, with that heavy time, look up, were hiring. I mean I thought we recalled all pilots already. Were even pulling some -200 out of the desert.
If I misunderstood your thread ( yes, I'm easily confused ), and you are a furloughed FE, you have to be kicking yourself (at least a little) in the ass for not getting upgraded ( sooner ). I mean, the whole industry has been retiring older airplanes with the 3rd guy for years now. Atlas has been proclaiming their retirement for +5 years now ( mabye a lot like crying Wolf ), so it cant be a suprise.
I do agree with you in the "experience" thread. How much you learn depends on willingness to learn and motivation, not just time in seat. I learned a lot watching all the mistakes the FO's made from the FE seat ( best seat in the house for a Critic ), and sure, when I was upgraded I demonstrated all those mistakes and more. Lots more.
Fly safe.