PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simsation 737
Thread: Simsation 737
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 16:39
Homesick-Angel

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As far as I know the company in Hobart and flight experience have nothing to do with each other...

Being a former employee at one of the flight experience stores, the Sim itself is limiting in what you can do with it, but for the procedural stuff-flying departures and Arrivals on instruments it can be useful.

The audio and visuals are different at each store, so there will be big variations in quality there..the parallax errors can be a bit weird and distracting and flying visually can be misleading and not all that realistic as with the handling as has already been mentioned..

The software is pmdg737 an add on for microsoft flight sim..the Sim is really marketed toward people who have an interest in flying, but aren't pilots, and about 95% of my "instructing" was essentially giving people who'd never set foot in any cockpit something resembling a TIF in a 737..Rather a trying and gut churning experience at times and sometimes a bit of fun as well..

On the odd occasion's we did have experienced pilots come in they were generally not disappointed but for some small visual errors, and it is still a pretty convincing feeling(not if you actually fly a 737NG though)to have all that hardware around you particularly if you've mostly flown light aircraft.

I will say here what I never could while I was working there..Not knowing your situation I would say use your money to finish that next licence or rating or just build some hours.If your really keen see if someone in the family can cough up a voucher for a birthday or xmas and treat it purely as a bit of fun.

good luck