PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 15:58
Tin67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange case of luck

It's strange how things can turn out at times. Being faced with distrupted travel plans is a nightmare, but somehow things have worked in my favour on a couple of occasions with this ongoing dispute.

I can't say I thank for the strikers, because I am far from supporting them. But from another perspective I do.

I was travelling to BCN over Xmas and was wondering if Xmas would be cancelled that year. Fortunately, the injunction lead to business and usual and we have a great break. BA doing their best to thank their customers for staying with them, we received 10k BA miles each on our Exec Club membership.

Great, thanks for that I was able to utlilse this extra miles to book J-Class upgrades to YVR in May....

Or not as the case was. My flight this week was cancelled, but before BA released the schedule I decided to move the dates to just after the strike.

As another strange case of luck, I have been hit with a nasty virus all week. Not that the virus is lucky, but the fact that I didn't travel is. Nothing worse than being ill on your hols.

So in a odd way, thanks for the strike it's helped me. But, on the other hand, sort it out as you are wrecking thousands of other peoples plans.