PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA driving me nuts.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 12:51
BroomstickPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CAA

Hi Adam,

I have no idea what can have possessed you to transfer your licence from a country with a long standing reputation for quiet efficiency to... er... the UK. However, now the damage is done you need to know a few basic rules for dealing with any department of British central government or any of the governent's stand-alone agencies such as the CAA.

I have a great deal of bitter experience of dealing with the Civil Service stretching back over a good many years. So the following rules have been learned the hard way.

First of all, whenever you send them anything by mail, always send it either by recorded delivery or by registered mail and keep a copy in a safe place together with the mailing receipt attached. This way, you have evidence of posting the item to them and also a means of tracking the item should they try to deny it ever arrived at their offices.

Secondly, never seek information over the telephone. Telephone conversations are deniable. Their minions will tell you whatever they think will please you just to get rid of you. If later you try to take them to task about something they said over the 'phone, they will either, pretend they don't know whom you could possibly have been speaking to, or else the person concerned will deny ever having said any such thing to you.

If you must speak to them over the 'phone, always take down the name and job-title of each person you speak to and make a written note of the conversation with the date and keep it in a safe place.

If you write to them and receive no reply within 21 days, write again, (by recorded delivery or registered mail,) enclosing a copy of the original item and demanding a reply. If again you receive no reply within 21 days, complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman and/or your MP.

DON'T TRUST THEM AND NEVER GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF ANY DOUBT.

Good luck.

Broomstick.