PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 12:21
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryodan

I know what you mean. When you go for your tech interview, you will find that their questions will be easy at first, then they will get harder and harder. This is what you have seen from the CX cadet interview thread, isn't it? It is impossible to answer all their questions; at some point you will have to tell them "I don't know." This is normal and they are not going to have a bad impression if you can't answer.

Like I said before, the entire point of them asking questions about things you probably never even heard of, is to test your enthusiasm in becoming a pilot. If you cannot explain why jets have swept wings or define Dutch Roll, then it's all good because they are looking for someone who has the desire and potential to become a professional pilot, not a Direct Entry F/O who already has a lot of flying experience.

That being said, perhaps you should study the basics about flying. I would think they would start off by asking you about the "four forces" and "how lift is produced"... that is what the CX recruiters asked me 2 years ago, when I had 0 hours under my belt. After you finish that, then do some reading on jets as a bonus. On top of everything, read up on current aviation news and you should be fine. Chances are, you will actually enjoy the interview and will do better than you thought you would. Good luck!!