PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA driving me nuts.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 10:39
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA driving me nuts.

So it's taken 7 months approve the change of state for my JAR from a Swedish to a UK license. All this for £176.

Finally an email came through where they said they were ready to exchange my license and needed my Swedish JAA to be sent in. As I was in the US at the time I sent it by UPS and it arrived on the 17th of May.

Now having returned home recently I'd expected the new license to waiting for me in the post, but of course it wasn't. So I call.

"It can take 12 working days, but probably longer"

This was a number that sounded strangely familiar. It was the same time they'd quoted in the beginning for the change of state application. The one that in reality took 7 months.

So I rang back.

"No, the change of state has already been approved. All I need now is the new license to be printed and sent out"

"Oh, I see"

This worried me as it meant they actually didn't have the right information on their files and/or are clueless. Shouldn't they know this when you have a reference number?

"Well, you can come in before 12.00, get a waiting list number and get it done".
"Can I talk to the licensing desk to make sure it's OK to pick it up?"
"No, we don't connect to the licensing desk".

Alright, fine. But since I sent my license in by post and arranged for it to be sent out to my home, I just know that if I drive 2 hrs to come in they'll say
"Oh no, Mr Frisch, it can only be sent out by post now as that's how you sent it in. It's in process".

Has anyone got experience with this? They seem to be very badly clued in up there and the lady I was talking to was very aloof, like an old headmaster, just waiting to pounce on some minor flaw.

Are they always like this?

Last edited by AdamFrisch; 28th May 2010 at 10:54.