PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 09:03
EGLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something I'm finding quite irritating about this strike, amongst many things obviously, is the apparent mixture of naivety and, I suspect, deliberate misinformation from cc about their salaries

The figures being thrown around when they are claiming poverty appear to be deliberately a mixture of post-tax take home amounts and figures that don't include the bulk of their earnings earnt whilst on duty

I've never heard of anyone outside of these BA stewardesses refer to their salaries in nett amounts, it's unheard of. Everyone talks about their salary in gross figures.

So when you hear people claiming they are having to survive on 12k per year, bear this in mind.

On the main thread, someone was whining that they couldn't afford to live on 27k per year. 27k per year!!!! way above average salary, this shouldn't be any particular hardship to live on, until you hear them refer to mortgages and the like, and it suddenly becomes apparent that this may just be about maintaining a lifestyle they perhaps cannot afford

Especially when it was pointed out that this 27k was TAKE HOME PAY

Laughable, it truly is. I wish more of the press attention was highlighting this