PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 07:21
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Originally Posted by Machinbird
If you assume the AF447 aircrew deslected autothrottles in an attempt to get control of the situation early on in the ACARs sequence of events,
Well, an elementary methodology is at least to start with correct settings before making this kind of assumption:
This proposition is invalid as AF447 Autothrottles (as well as autopilot) were OFF from the start of the sequence (disengagement by the system - not pilot action), due to three pitot probes reporting different readings, causing ADR DISAGREE. From that point also, most of the flight enveloppe protections were OFF due to the same pitot issues causing the selection of flight mode ALTERNATE 2 by the system.
In short, at 02.10, the system identified probes issues and auto-protected the aircraft by disconnecting all the systems that could be contaminated by these corrupted data. After this point, AF447 was flown in manual ALT2 mode.

Now, I'm feeling that we are back to the first days following the crash because some people just want to push their "system upset theory" (or agenda) disregarding any available information which doesn't fit with their own preconcieved theory.

Originally Posted by Diversification
takata
Please take a look at the systems schematic. This has been shown multiple times in the old thread. Any signal had to pass a digitizer then to the ADIRU until a speed is computed and the ADR value becomes available.
Having spent a lot of time studying this issue and having participated myself in this "old thread", my schematics and ACARS/fault study doesn't point to this conclusion at all. Triple PROBE fault is the origin of ADR DISAGREE as shown by ATA codes reported. This fault sequence is quite coherent while your proposition (multiple and simultaneous module failure) disregarding reported PROBE faults is certainly not.
S~
Olivier