PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 05:48
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before the post gets so far back there that it is hard to find, would some of the Airbus jockeys please look at page 60 of this thread, post #1184 http://www.pprune.org/5716260-post1184.html, at the part of the posting entitled "Out of the Loop". The question I have is, should Mmo/Vmo protection be tripped in Normal law by a simultaneous bogus pressure build up in each pitot system, how would you recover?
From Pilotaydin's original post last year, it appears that this scenario is sufficient to put a cruising aircraft promptly into a stall.
If you assume the AF447 aircrew deslected autothrottles in an attempt to get control of the situation early on in the ACARs sequence of events, then it seems to me that this scenario would likely put the aircraft in the water in a deep stall in the appropriate time frame.
Don't worry about how this hypothetical pressure build up could happen just yet. The key questions I am hoping to answer are,
(1) Would this scenario likely proceed to a sad conclusion?
(2) Is Pilotaydin's sim experience technically flawed in its description?
(3) If the sim experience is technically valid, how could you break the sequence of events?
I'm just an old steam gauge vintage retired military guy and these questions are better answered by someone on the front lines.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Machinbird

Last edited by Machinbird; 28th May 2010 at 06:12. Reason: add link