PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jandakot Class D changes
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 03:00
AV8 consultants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey , we all dont like change but this stuff has been happening for years. So we adapt as usual. I was making taxi calls at Jandakot years ago and it should be no problem.
CASA has always wanted to align themselves with international rulings but as always they fiddle with it to suit their ideas. It has been going on for years. You can jump up and down and making noise but it wont do much. At the CASA roadshow they said they would not print the new Visual pilot guides until a significant time has passed and things have settled down.. so expect more changes. My guess is that we wil have GAAPs back in 12-24 months.
My only suggestion is that some bright spark does a cheat sheet of the new calls that we can understand as the ERSA and AIP has some ambiguities. So off you go !! All this stuff should have been clarified months ago by CASA not just in a brief last week in the roadshow. I would like to see what happens the first weekend of the changes when the weekend warriors start flying. I feel sorry for the tower guys. YOU can do it!