PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli down - Devon
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 20:27
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Interesting thread on the below link, especially as this was said...
Mr Dunn, who has been flying for 20 years, said he has never been in an accident before.

He said 95 per cent of helicopter crashes were due to pilot error.

He added: "I will be back up again in a couple of months."

Civilian Aviation • Home to the Civilian Aviation Enthusiast • View topic - Pilot recovering after Poundsgate helicopter crash

Postby Razor61 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:36 am
I had a feeling it would happen as i said to my other half i had that "inkling".
G-VICE MD-500 Helicopter was zooming east across Budleigh Salterton beach yesterday afternoon and up over the cliffs. IT then came zooming over the cliff tops very low and dived towards the sea across the beach heading back west again. Shortly afterwards it hit powerlines near Newton Abbot, Devon.
Pilot is okay, but the helicopter is a right off.... Rotor detached and blades flew everywhere according to eye witnesses and the helicopter ended up on its side.
That's the one!
Sounded lovely as usual.
Often see it zooming around the south coast of Devon but he was certainly having "fun" yesterday. The way he came over the cliffs and came down like something out of a film! Awesome to watch.
Sadly about 15 mins after i watched him, he had hit the powerlines.

I think he was probably doing a Magnum and flying it like TJ in the opening credits