PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC situation in Spain
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 19:03
eagleflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find the most shocking fact is that non-operational personel decides about operational problems. How on earth can some bean-counter decide which runway is in use or which sectors are to be consolidated etc????

About the contract details: I can understand everyone is upset about the changes. Anybody would be with so many goodies taken away. What I seriously criticize is AENA being able to call you to work at very short notice and with seemingly no limitations concerning working days in a row. In our outfit we donīt hear those calls anymore if we donīt want to go. Itīs still mostly on a voluntary basis, because management knows sick days would rise if they forced people to work.

I wish you guys down south all the best, letīs hope youīll make it through the busy period without serious happenings. However Iīll still give direct routings for the southbound aircraft! With the slots creating a 15-minute-window the average shortcut wonīt hurt at all. I donīt think you can make up more than 10 minutes on a 2hrs-flight just by shortcuts. At 420kts that would mean a saved distance of 70 miles...thatīs rather unlikely to be possible.