PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th May 2010, 18:51
Yeovil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have found the atmosphere at work to be delightful whilst the bassa crew stay at Bedfont.

It's really been a pleasure , crew doing their job properly, having a laugh down route and going home happy. I never thought I'd feel this way , but I'd be thrilled if we could add a few more dismissals to the list.

There was a good summary earlier which included

" Work a bit harder....?
Even the notion that the cc are being asked to work harder for the same money is open to interpretation...
All BA aircraft are crewed for a 100% passenger load, yet our AVERAGE load factor is in the region of 76%. It could therefore be argued that we are already carrying about 1/4 too many crew on each flight.
Now I realise that this is statistical absurdity, but I would ask crew to remember that the "extra" they are being required to give is proportionately A LOT LESS than any other department within the company. For every "hard working" full flight (the ones you always seem to remember), just recall those really easy, half load, night flights when you managed to get to the bunk 90 minutes after take off. This now has to be done with the same number of service crew, just no "spare" in the form of a CSD.

No pay cut. No compulsory redundancies. Guaranteed future pay rises.

No other department has had it so cushy. Not one. And no other department can be manned by anyone with 3 weeks training.

So perhaps instead of moaning about the injustices of life, it might behove you to be thankful that you are being asked to give so little when you are so easy to replace."

So , to sum up. I'm really excited at the prospect of a full schedule , however I'd be saddened if all the BASAA crowd return! WE JUST DONT NEED THEM!