PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Limiting Factors For Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 16:57
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300 feet horizontally after passing the boundaries.
Thats the FAA cone, the ICAO cone is wider, we decided to use the wider cone as its more practical. We had technical advice from TWA for many many years, so I guess that the 800 feet MFRH which we presently use came from them, although that is increased if limited by obstacles.

The 767 came with Mark7 performance software which is extremely limited in its capabilities, hence the reason i consider it an old generation aircraft.

The "gee whiz" that came with newer aircraft is our ability to calculate takeoff flight paths with greater accuracy, we can also account for wind from various quadrants. We end up suffering from greater payload reductions than required by regulation, but we are satisfied that OEI procedures can be flown under all circumstances.

As for the mountainous terrain, whats wrong with turning the aircraft around and returning it to the airport? We have a habit of ending OEI procedures over a defined point in order to ensure that all obstacles are accounted for, rather than jump into a 5 mile cone without accurate information.

I don't see anyone doing an adequate job on the en route climb phase.
Very true......but with the introduction of BCOPS and PEP that might change.

Mutt

Last edited by mutt; 27th May 2010 at 17:08.