PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you teach CRM (and how)?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 16:34
Big-Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC,

A couple of interesting points but I don't have the information at hand to dispute them. I'll just have to accept them as your (perhaps better informed) point of view. Can anyone else reading this thread jump in and help answer TCs enquiries?

I'm afraid I don't agree with:

'provided the person at the front can somehow be seen to be 'chairing' a discussion then what the discussion is about, and whether it makes a change in the real world, doesn't matter'.

If it's not relevant to CRM then why waste time discussing it?

I may have misinterpreted something but are you speaking from personal experience when you suggest that the line training and debriefs you have received have failed to close the loop between CRM academics and your objectively assessed behaviours? If so then perhaps the system in your company needs looking at? Perhaps you should suggest that it does get looked at if, on your next line assessment, the CRMI (line) doesn't pick up on valid points? A CRMI should adopt an adult to adult, expert to expert role and should be equally open to constructive suggestions for themselves as they are to giving constructive suggestions to you.

Mind if I ask you a question TC? What are you thinking when you go into a line check or a CRM training day?