PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VII
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 16:21
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mari

You are absolutely right. It is not really about the money, more the way you guys are treated, especially regarding sickness. The point I was trying to make was the overall attitude of management towards CC. Let's treat them like **** cause we get 1000's of wannabes applying every week who want to fly with EK. $2500 a month, see the World, no more cleaning tables for me.

The only problem with this is many crew here are well educated. Probably far more qualified than most of the idiots managing them. The novelty of the job quickly fades as the clever ones quickly realise how badly they're being treated. The requirement to work and smile for 120 hours a month, every month often ends 2-3 years later when they leave.

In about 5-7 years from now, only the East European, Asian, African and Lebanese crew will remain. They take the **** because those dollars buys a lot of happiness for their families back home. Those from the 1st World generally leave. They will accept a reduced cash flow for a decent nights sleep and for being treated like a human being. Do you think Emirates tell the wannabes at interview that they 'can't' go sick for the first 6 months. Like your body can decide, morons!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what is said on these forums as people will come here anyway. Orchid553 summed it all up really. " I'll try again later". She wants to live the dream just like all the others.

Good luck to all with their applications and I hope it works out for you. Just don't ever say you weren't warned!