PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB/Corrigan unhappy over SYD Terminal
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2002, 04:18
Wirraway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post from Sydney Airport Message board:

A friend of mine received the following letter from Virgin Blue (name & address altered). It was personalised to him, although it clearly looks like a generic reply to a complaint. The thing is, he has never complained about or to Virgin. Nor has he been on any delayed/disrupted flight. He asked me whether I knew anyone else who got this letter, thinking it may have been sent to all regular Virgin customers (however I have flown them more than him and I got nothing):

Joe Blogs
20 Smith St
Brunswick VIC 3056

19 July 2002

Dear Joe,

Thanks for recently travelling with Virgin Blue. I am writing to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced when you travelled with us.

Over the past couple of months, Virgin Blue's growth has exceeded all expectations, including our own. While this is great from the perspective that we've been able to expand services to bring low fare flights to more and more Australians, our growth has not been without recent difficulties for some of our guests, including yourself.

We are waiting for new terminals to become available and we're trying to get access to these facilities ASAP from the airport authorities. This process is however proving to be frustrating for us and taking longer than we would like. While we are trying to do the best we can at present, we recognise that Virgin Blue's current airport facilities are far from ideal and are no longer fully meeting the needs of many of our guests.

Please be assured that the Virgin Blue team is doing its best to operate efficiently during this busy period and wherever possible, we're trying to implement interim solutions to improve the situation. To this end some of the initiatives we're undertaking include the recruitment and training of more staff, improving express check in and security screening facilities and attempting to make our departure areas more comfortable for guests during peak periods.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apology for the frustration and inconvenience you've experienced during your recent travels with Virgin Blue. I appreciate your understanding of our predicament and ask that you bear with us as the Virgin Blue team continues to push to gain access to new facilities. Your continued support during our operational growing pains will enable us to bring affordable, efficient air travel to you, your friends and your families to many more destinations and for many years to come.

On behalf of the Virgin Blue team, I thank you for flying with us and we look forward to providing you with great service and more low fares into the future.

Best regards,

Brett Godfrey
CEO Virgin Blue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex,
Virgin apparently sent letters/e-mails to all pax who went through the Sydney terminal on 3 particular days this month. On these days there were significent delays due to lacked terminal/tarmac space and aircraft technical issues. If he flew into/out of Sydney on one of those days that would be why.

Cheers
Adam

Last edited by Wirraway; 24th Jul 2002 at 04:26.