PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel cross-checking
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 13:10
sprocket check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a hypothesis Jaba, I reckon apples here is an ex CASA/DCA man. As a dear family member calls it- Department of Constant Aggravation.

I am sure he is quite knowledgeable about the how's and why's of CASA/DCA, has a lot of internal insight into the organisation and most likely is able to shed much light as to why it's such a screwed up, overfed pig of an organisation that has managed to do very little for a huge amount of money for many many years. Even might be able to explain why the regulations and regulatory enforcement is nothing more than an egoistical grab at power by some exceedingly self serving individuals with serious chips on their shoulder.

3000 bureaucrats and counting, did you see the latest newsletter from McCormick?

The increase in funding for CASA announced in this month’s Federal Budget is obviously very welcome news. CASA will be able to create a range of new positions as a result of the extra financial resources. Some of the new positions will be created in the division within CASA that develops new standards and regulations. This will allow us to complete existing regulatory projects in a timely fashion and to do more in areas such as the development of guidance material on standards and regulations. The funding will also allow CASA to expand its surveillance activities, which is a crucial component of safety oversight. In addition, we will invest further resources in staff education and training to ensure CASA has the best possible technically skilled and trained workforce.
They need more incompetents. I reckon the new CASA drug and booze squad will comprise of ex airport security check-in staff, the ones that... yep, those ones.

At least in the past they used ex coppers, even though they were the useless ones that couldn't make it in the force.

OK, my hypothesis over.

sc