PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th May 2010, 09:28
Express1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether or not I will support the strike, I find insulting the comments from most of forum posters who will be happy if staff travel wasn't returned.
ns68, many of us also find it insulting when comments are posted which clearly have no regard for the thousands of customers who pay our salaries, which insult the hard work of colleagues in other departments who are doing their best to keep the company that we love running and seek to demonise others. Even worse are the many posters that those on strike happily display, which are extremely insulting about BA and personal about WW. No matter what your views are on him as a person, there are certain things that are simply unacceptable.

I would dearly love for those who have been on strike to come into the terminals or volunteer for the call centre to speak directly to those affected. Thankfully, our customers have been extremely understanding and supportive. I have had the opportunity and the pleasure to speak to many of our customers and by far they have all been fantastic. I have dealt with customers who, given the situation, I would have completely understood if they were angry or upset. Yet they have been patient and even having a laugh with us, both when I've been in the call centre or in the terminal at my regular job.

Thankfully most of our cabin crew appear to recognise that BASSA and Unite do not run BA and pay their salaries and have come into work to keep us flying and for that they have my greatest respect. Some may have done it reluctantly, but that doesn't matter, they have still worked and our customers are happier for it.