PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th May 2010, 09:15
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My update of the weeks events......

I have been hooked on this forum since leaving BASSA before the first round of strikes, and today I thought I would post for the first time with an update of my week so far for the benefit of MissM and Juan Odeboyse who seem be living in a parallel universe – far removed from reality.

Tues reported for airport standby duty, left after six hours – not required. VCC’s were also stood down without being used. Spoke with 1 x CSD and 5 x Main Crew who were all on strike in March, but have now returned to work.

Last night reported for a split duty, I had a full crew complement - no VCC’s, flight fully booked. As was return sector this morning, with 5 commuters onboard all reporting for duty today. My partner reported for l/h service last night and 12 out of 14 crew turned up for work.

I have just driven past the picket by T4/Cargo and there wasn’t one BASSA flag waver in sight. The news footage this week would also indicate a severe lack of support at BFC this time, but seemingly thousands are turning up?

Whilst I fully respect anyone’s decision to take part in legal industrial action, having to ‘big up’ the situation to make the strike look more effective is just pathetic. Willie is winning this battle and I’m sure he hasn’t shown all his cards yet!