PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th May 2010, 07:33
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend of mine that was there has told me that a Question was asked yet again about "staff travel"
Willie ONCE AGAIN reaffirmed that he WILL NOT be offering any gesture on the staff travel and HE WILL NOT be going back on his word
HOW FANTASITIC- BRAVO! PLEASE WILLIE DO NOT GO BACK ON YOUR WORD< you have thousands that support your decisions
ALSO, there WILL be serious consequences???

Willie Walsh doesn't have to worry about giving staff travel back..it will be back in due course through a court case.I do not think this is the best scenario because it may take a longer time-hence the negotiations about it- but the legality of removing it for people who take industrial action is very much in doubt.
I am also shocked at comments made from fellow crew members who talk as they were heroes for going into work during IA .Good on you for going in..for backing BA the way you do.But you are not doing anything more or anything less than your colleagues have done over the past 30 years. You are just going into work.You are not saving peoples lives.You are just reporting for work as you should-(some people presenting receipts up to 100pounds worth for going in by taxy or by plane..if that what you call backing BA).
If others have decided not to,well,it is up to them after all. Whether or not I will support the strike, I find insulting the comments from most of forum posters who will be happy if staff travel wasn't returned.