PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question regarding Actual and available Landing distance...
Old 27th May 2010, 06:47
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
No Mutt, not for real. Let me clarify.

If tone of voice could come with the written word then what I said would be clearer. I re read my post and it is clear to me that when I mentioned the inflight replanning idea AND THEN said "but is that flirting with the rules to make them work in your favour. I'll leave that up to you to determine if that is good airmanship or not." Usually if someone says that then the answer they have themselves is "No its not" And that is my stand on it. No its not. But granted my last statement does tend allude to me feeling it is okay to flirt with the rules. I didn't mean that. But its hard to argue against that is how it looks.

I am surprised at your response - I thought my earlier posts in response to you was EXACTLY that you cannot ignore the rules before departure and just say its okay, the rules change airborne. My stance has not changed. You cannot ignore the factors prior to departure. If you do you are flirting with the rules and it is not good airmanship. I was never suggesting that that is what I'd do.