PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th May 2010, 00:15
tenko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm so upset with all the self important rubbish that has been posted on this site. This is people's livelihoods you are talking about and to be honest none of you care about that, it's all about YOU and your opinion. Please look at the bigger picture. Don't you see that what they have to give up is a lot to ask of anyone, and if the shoe was on the other foot you would be out theer fighting your cause. Let me remind you of the Openskies situation that happened not so long ago. What's to say that the Cirrus rumour is not something you should be worried about?

I have had enough, this is my life you are playing God with and I can't take it anymore. I'm at the end of my rope with all this. I'm not even sure who I can talk to, confide in, or even believe these days. I look at everything that has happened over the last couple of years and I CANNOT SEE A WAY OUT.

I've never felt so low in my life and after giving so much to a company I have loved and been proud to work for, for so long I don't know where to go now.

I'm in a situation where I could loose everything I have worked for, for so long and yes I CAN HEAR YOU ALL SAY, That's my choice, but hey if this was you wouldn't you do the same thing and stand up for what you believe in.

I've give so much to this Company for the last 16 years and to be honest I don't think I'm over paid and I really have to despute the fact that I have under achieve. I'm full time and if you really want to know my earnings well it's just over £27,000. Now please look at yourselves and think how would you live on that?

These are hard times and everybody I know realises that but we are not fighting for anything more, just the right to keep what we have. I don't want to give up my flat and my life that I have worked so hard to keep just because there are people out there who are willing to do my job for a mere £11,000 and £2.40 ph. If they found pilots willing to do the same then you'll end up in the same boat.

This is a serious issure and the crew involved are nothing like the people you are talking about. They have fed and watered you for years.They have sat and shared their company with you and enjoyed your input. They have the same goal as you, which is to see the Company succeed. They are just not willing to do this at their expense.

Please stop all this bashing of your colleagues, they are afterall the eyes and ears of your flight, you need to be able to trust them and this is not helping.

I really believe that all you have to say is just helping to prolong the dispute. Let's sit back and look at the facts and think, What if this was me? What would i do? How would I react? What if the company wins, will they come after me next, after all I am the best paid pilot in the World!!!!!!!!!! Familiar???????

I'm a human being who has done everything to make sure my passengers I have on my flights get off and feel special. I give them everything I have and even though the product is not up to what is was I have managed to make up for that by just being me. I joined this company 16 years ago as a career choice and I really believed that I made a good choice, but now that is not enough. I have my mortgage based on my present earnings, not extravagant, but now that is too much, Where do we stop.

Please look at how you would deal with this...... How would you cope......... What if someone decided that you were overpaid and under achieving? .......... I'm alone in all this an I have no where to go. I can't see a way out........ I can't believe that school yard tactics are ruining my life. I want to do what I do really well, and I'll only give it up when I decide, not you or our management. What would you do if they said that you were to be replaced by cheaper younger staff. How would you feel?

Now saying all that, Look deep inside you, before you reply, I'm not interested in getting into a debate, My future is at stake here and I haven't even committed a crime.

Have some compassion and think about what you are saying because if this was you, I would. Just think about how Mr Walsh's success would affect you. Imagine how you would cope. I know there are no VCC out there who can replace yiou but there are plenty unemployed and well unless you are unique, no one is safe.

We just happen to be the largest group and well they will never stop there, we are just a way forward. A win for Mr Walsh is a way to prove that no one is safe.

I am sorry to put all this in writing, but I have just about had enough and if I'm really honest, I don't want to give up something I'm really good at and I'm really proud of. I want a future and I want to fall in love with my Company again. I want us all to live in harmony again. I don't want to fear a destroyed CRM situation which could end up costing lives.

Please people think about what you have to say and look at the facts. The future of your crew is at stake and if they manange to break us then it is only a matter of time before they visit you.