PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please Sponsor Sean Hughes - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Fan
Old 26th May 2010, 13:19
Terry K Rumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEEJ

I am the chairman of a charity called Flights for Life and together with a few other pilots and friends we operate from Wickenby airfield near Lincoln.

The aim of our charity is to fly children who are suffering with a life shortening or life threatening illness in one of a few vintage aircraft that we have over at Wickenby, and I would like to offer Sean a flight in one of our aircraft if he wishes.

The flights are totally free and last about 30 minutes or so flying around the local area and, subject to a doctors approval, we would be delighted to take Sean for such a trip.

Please PM me if you think Sean would be interested and I will pass on my details for you to give to Sean and his family so we can get things moving and take advantage of the good weather at the moment!

I appreciate it's not 'sponsorship' but I hope it will give this young man a thrill and fitting reward for all his hard work.

Kind regards
Terry K Rumble