PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garmin Aera 500
Thread: Garmin Aera 500
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 12:24
Scopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds similar to the problem I had (described above) above. Have you downloaded the latest version 2.5 software? It seemed to cure my problem . The download was free as a first download from the Garmin website.
I have seen my Aera version and it is 2.3, so I will update to the lastest version using the wepupdater software from Garmin. But I think that these upgrades are free because these fixed problems with the software. I will say you when I update my Aera.

About the free aviation database update, you only have one of them free, and how was said in this forum you have to make it in the next 90 days after purchase. So you can confused with this. I will wait one month more to update.

Hello,

i got also my 500 ;-) and im happy ... but this time i think i have to review the manual in surtain cases

Ive got a question and i couldnt get an answer ... how big can the MicroSd card be ? Is it 2Gb or 4 Gb or 8Gb ?

Somebody info on this ?

Thanx in advance 4 an answer

c.u. in the sky

In the page 39 from automotive manual appears.

Data storage: Internal memory and optional removable memory card. Data stored indefinitely.

So you need to try each. (How can I said, you need to try between one memory and another memory?) Thanks by my english lesson... and What's the meaning of c.u. in the sky? Care you in the sky?