PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 12:19
GENKI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to be selected is not about ticking boxes and you are in. In the current recruitment drive there are a certain number of vacancies that need to be filled. When they run a recruitment day if 90 people apply there may be 60-70 who fit the bill yet there may only be 30 positions. Everyone is scored and ranked and the top 30 candidates get through.

On another day some of the 60 that may miss out may have been in the top 30.... it happens with internal promotions at Qantas for cabin supervisor and Cabin Manager positions.... the number of applicants will always exceed the number of vacancies. Yet some have to apply several times before being successful.

Its all about the "score" on the day and how you stack up against the other applicants.... dont be too disheartened...try to work out where you have a skills gap that needs closing and prepare again. In my case it took me several attempts to get in, and i couldnt think of why i didnt get it the first time because i dont think i ever did anything different.

despite all the changes and cost cutting it's still the best job in the world so dont give up