PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th May 2010, 11:27
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest from Duncan Holley
The media are turning, mainly because they cannot believe this strike is still ongoing for the simple reason he wants to "punish" strikers. I have spoken over the last few days to every media outlet available (except the Daily Mail) and they are horrified. Even the Daily Telegraph said to me last night - "the problem is Walsh you know". Hello?
Is the Branch Secretary really that naive?
All they are doing is trying to sell a story and the media are fickle when it comes to doing that. Look at the Daily Mail for instance, on one hand they were printing all the s*** about BASSA reps, now they are supposed to be telling DH that WW is the problem? Their stories have never always been in BA's favour but there have been times when they were. Having dealt with the media in the past, they will sympathise with you for the few minutes you are there just to get what they want, which is to sell newspapers and what they print is not always what they've said they would.

I'm BA cabin crew who is proud to cross the picket line.