PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 10:18
Tigger4Me

Location: Following the sun and skiing... No snow involved just Spending the Kids Inheritance!
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I saw a UNITE/BASSA video on You Tube showing strikers waving banners stating, "Negotiation NOT imposition." I wonder if these banners were held in the same hands that were raised at Sandown last year voting for no negotiation.

These poor souls are really confused. How on earth can they be relied on in an on board situation requiring clear thought.

On a seperate point and referring to post #1859 showing a breakdown of Mr Holley's salary. I cannot totally agree with the figures for two reasons. First and according to BASSA'a own website, the current membership stands at 9939 as at 11:00 today and not the 12,000 stated in the post. Second where is the evidence that DH receives 3% of the membership dues?

However, assuming the 3% is correct, the salary for last year now becomes £113,037 made up of £42000 from BA, £12,000 for his office duties and a very nice 9939 x £16.50 per month x 3% = £59037 from BASSA's generous members. It is also stated elsewhere that DH only flew for 20 hours last year.

Now, you may recall that BASSA recently calculated the hourly rate of a pilot operating as CC at £166 per hour. So using BASSA mathematical logic does that mean that Mr Holley is on over £5,566 p.h. Nice work if you can get it!