PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 00:51
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 4 Technical Interview

So what is involved? I can only speak from logic deduction and past experience, as I have never had the pleasure of making it that far in the KACPP selection process. So take my words with a pinch of salt, if you will.

There is no guideline for such interviews, indeed they could ask you anything they want. I've always believed in a mantra towards tackling technical interviews - know your stuff, and a little bit extra. Obviously if you are already a pilot, then know your theory and your aircraft inside out. If you are an aeronautical engineer, perhaps you should be more knowledgable on airframe structures and aerodynamics etc. Know what your background specifies you should know - that is the foundation of success.

On top of that, read up on "a little extra". This includes things that you are not really expected to know, but would be great if you did because it shows you are enthusiastic. These extra items include (KA) jets and their operation. Bear in mind the pilots interviewing you are type-rated on these aircraft and will be impressed if you can answer questions related to their toys. It's just like you would be impressed if a 10-year old child came up to you and started talking about something you majored in back in college.

Other than that, try your best. If you do that, even if it doesn't work out, you will walk away knowing you couldn't have done anymore. Hope this helps, and feel free to leave some comments. On top of that, good luck!