PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th May 2010, 00:20
AtlasDrawer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our resolve has not been broken over the last 2 months, it has been strengthened and the proof was there at Woodstock today, and the fact that Walsh has now gone back to the courts.

So what is exactly happening now? Guess we shall find out in the morning. This saga has more twists and turns, I cannot keep up.

More on the membership numbers: Today I pointed out to a crew member who was still in the union, had voted yes and then came into work . That if they needed BASSA's protection if they got into trouble at work, it may not be forthcoming. To which, they were shocked and said ' But BASSA have a legal duty to provide me defence (in a disciplinary for example) if I am a member. I went on to explain that they will probably not go out of their way to help someone who broke the strike. Just my thoughts but I think that most people are not (yet) resigning from the union but yet are breaking the strike because they think BASSA will be able to help them out of trouble if anything happens at work.

I could be wrong, any thoughts?