PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th May 2010, 21:52
fly73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a WW crew and have just returned home after spending 2 days in a hotel at LHR on 2 hour stand-by. This came about as the flight which I reported for on Monday morning was cancelled. I assumed myself and the other 7 crew who reported would be used for other trips that morning but we were told that we were not needed so sent to the hotel on 2 hour stand-by. We were not the only crew to be sent to the hotel, infact I worked out that at least 30-40 crew were on 2 hour stand-by after being taken off cancelled trips. The rumour going around was that over 100 crew were on stand-by due to the numbers reporting for duty. This did not iclude VCC. Out of the 20 or so people that I met only 3 were used for trips. It would seem that the number of crew reporting for duty is quite clearly more than required for the operation!

I went to work during the last strike and will continue to do so. It seems more and more people are making the same choice.

Safe flying to everyone!

P.S.
First post after many years of reading!