PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th May 2010, 21:25
widebody69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Widebody69: Customers are now the victims in this crusade which is all about appeasing the non-strikers and the CEO.Crazy!!
Widebody69, don't you think that you comment is like saying that the owner of a bar and all the rest of the well behaved patrons are to blame because someone got drunk and caused a fight?
I fully agree, the italics I quoted were from an earlier poster. Many friends in the industry have had both their pay and terms severly eroded and cut as a result of the downturn. The changes being asked of BA cabin crew are minimal, especially given comparable terms in other competing airlines. I appreciate many BA cabin crew see this as a downgrading so to speak of their position given their continual references to the class (of BA) and service, but in all industries and businesses the premium providers must strike a balance between their premium offering and their low cost competitors.

Simply put, low cost businesses (no matter what the business) can survive solely in their low-cost segment of the market; 99% of the time premium providers cannot survive solely in the premium segment.