PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 21:04
BAAlltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F33A

I just wanted to check the amount of BA flights, that are actually operating today, and noticed, that the Heathrow Airport website doesn't list the previously cancelled flights, I only found 2 or 3 cancelled BA flights at all.

Completely erasing flights from the schedule seems a little odd to me, for example: BA965 HAM-LHR is "cancelled" at the HAM website, but not even listed on the LHR website.

Maybe someone with real insight could provide some facts at the end of the day?
F33A, sorry you didnt get a reply sooner- i've been somewhat occupied "Backing BA" and doing my day job as well for the last few days!

As far as i can say, from my previous role, the flights on the LHR BAA website (like the BAA screens) are taken from those submitted as the intended flying schedule to ACL who manage slots.

Because BA worked up a special new schedule for the strikes, the only flights to appear are those which were submitted, not the full schedule which HAM are obv using. In normal cancellations (i.e weather) the schedule has been submitted, and then flights were cancelled, hence they would appear on BAA info boards, with a cancellation message.

If flights are appearing on the BAA info pages Cancelled during the strike, it probably means that the flight was part of the planned strike schedule but has been cancelled since then. However equally, there are some extra flights appearing, which are being added to the planned strike schedule as more crew report than were planned for.

HTH

BAATW