PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates package
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2002, 19:48
Check 'Six'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

What you see is what you get my friend!
1) No extra allowances, except for meal allowances. Meal allowances paid over the counter at check in, at the hotel. Allowance is just enough for meals, after discount at the hotels. Allowances over the eight years I have been here, have kept coming down.

2)NO, it is illegal for your "girlfriend" to live with you. Only your wife. And no, I am not joking.

3)Rent is very expensive. eg a descent apartment will cost anywhere from 60,000dhs upwards, per annum.

4) International schools, are almost paid for by the company. 21000dhs per annum for junior school and 39000 dhs for secondary school. You will however have to pay for ALL EXTRA SCHOOL ACTIVITIES YOURSELF. Schools here charge these prices for education only. Sports, music etc... is your expense.

5)As a single chap, your salary is sufficient. Anything else but single and you will pay.

In the past I have posted many and extensive posts on this subject of conditions and remuneration with Emirates. I thought one more time wont do any more harm, even though I have grown tired of the same thing over and over again. So this is the only answer on this subject ever. Cynical? Yes!! Why? Welcome to Emirates!!