PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Humour (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 17:55
ANO-ther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-XX: Guernsey approach good afternoon, G-XXXX, passing FL80 cleared level 60.

Guernsey Approach: G-XX fly heading 190 deg, vectors for an ILS or Visual approach runway 27 at Guernsey, information Golf is current.

G-XX: Heading 190 deg, we'd really like to go to Alderney though if that's ok with you, that's where we booked the hotel!

Guernsey approach: Well you can go there if you really want to but we've heard rumours.... turn left then heading 170 degrees.

G-XX: Left heading 170. Roger the rumours - that's why we're going. G-XX!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

G-XX (flexwing microlight): XXX Radio, er... I think I may be lost!

XXX Radio: Station calling say your callsign.

G-XX: Er.... i'm in G-XXXX

XXX Radio: G-XXXX roger, What was your last known location?

G-XX: erm.... I was near salisbury about half an hour ago, I'm circling over a city now, there's a big cathedral but it's not Salisbury cos there's no spire. I'm at 2000 feet.

XXX Radio: G-XX, suggest you call D&D on freq 121.5 immediately, they will be able to help you.

G-XX: How do i do that?

XXX Radio: What radio do you have?

G-XX: It says Icom on it.... it's got buttons and a screen.

XXX Radio: G-XX roger, just press the numbers 1, 2, 1, 5, 0, 0.

G-XX: That's not doing anything.

XXX Radio: Roger, I have D&D on the phone now. Say your current heading.

G-XX: What's that?

XXX Radio: What direction are you pointing in - read your compass heading to me.

G-XX: I'm circling round so it keeps changing.

XXX Radio: G-XX London Centre instructs you to fly heading 270 degrees - can you fly west for me, tell me when you've done that.

G-XX: Ok, I think I'm heading round about west now, the sun is in my face, that's right isn't it?

XXX Radio: Yes that will do, continue on that heading for the moment.

(Microlight was centered squarely on the final approach track for EGHI over Winchester, eventually he was guided on how to unlock his radio and handed over to D&D who got him home where I believe he spent a little longer in training before going solo again)!