PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PiperSport/Czech Sport Cruiser at Wellesbourne
Old 25th May 2010, 17:51
Malt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of us who learn't on 450kg microlights the S/C is positively heavy to handle...
It was drummed into us on the micros to anticipate, protect airspeed, protect the nosewheel etc... just like when you learn on a 152.... but.... the response of a "light" machine will bite you if your not careful.
I have a 50% share in an S/C, I came from light machines & my partner came from 152 /PA28 old school aircraft. He did struggle with the S/C for a few hours but that was also linked to dropping from a 1000m tarmac to 400m grass with hazards on most of the approaches.
Not a hard plane to master at all, just takes a bit of delicacy that you don't need (as a rule) on a 152. At the risk of being very politically incorrect.... when you take the stick for control.... control it like you touch a lady in your life ... delicately but with a gentle firmness & be prepared to hold on tight if things get lively
Always worth getting a few hours on a new aircraft with someone in the P2 seat who has experience on type. Minimise the risk...
Hope this helps.
Mal