PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Limiting Factors For Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 17:31
AeroTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your posts.
I don’t have any specific aircraft or runway in my mind. I just wanted to have a general idea about takeoff limitations for airliners in the majority of runways. But it seems there is no single answer to my question.

And if you really want an interesting one, look at a MD11 from a hot/high airport and you will find that it is limited by its ability to dump fuel .
Mutt, it will be nice if you can give more details.

I am wondering if takeoff thrust time limit is limiting factor on takeoff.

Let say an engine fails on takeoff and for some reason (missed approach) the pilot makes a go-around during air turn-back to the departure airport. Using takeoff thrust twice in such period of time may affect the reliability of the engine especially that most of engine failures occur at high thrust.
In such situation can pilot disregard the go-around and land as soon as possible, or perform the around and land? I am assuming the engine failure doesn’t affect the safety of aircraft like engine fire.

It is much less interesting considering the fact that the OP posted 2 similar questions then disappeared.

When someone posts a question like that, then does not participate in the ensuing discussion, I consider the person a troll and not worthy of future responses. I can understand a newbie or 3 coming on with a question AND a lack of knowledge of the SEARCH function, but those are relatively rare. This particular OP has supposedly been here for 5 years, so he knows better...
It’s true that internet made the world small town, but still members on this forum live all over the world. While I am sleeping in the States other member in the other part of the world is working. I assume many active members in this forum (Tech Log) are pilots: they might be out of town, out the country, or even in other continent. Other people are busy and they have their own schedule to check this forum. So I gave them time to answer and also sometimes it takes time to understand something that I didn’t understand, or ask the next question, or ….

It seems you want to intrude your own rules in this forum, but fortunately there is a moderator here. I am grateful to all members for their responses and also for their previous posts when I use “search function). I am grateful to you “Intruder” if you post useful and technical posts regarding the subject of my post. But if you don’t like my posts or you are “allergic” to my posts just disregard them.

Thank you and feedback appreciated
Regards