PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 16:08
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oneye

Whilst I'd dearly love to hear one of our "onside" Cabin Crew put the case in/to the media, I don't think it's the best tactic at the moment.

Firstly, seeing as they would have to have management permission to speak they're immediately open to accusations of being a management stooge. Secondly I suspect some News organisations would love the opportunity to carry out the public inquisition of somebody who doesn't support UNITE, so I reckon the chances of him/her getting an uninterrupted, fair hearing would be close to zero. Thirdly the media would no doubt feel they had to give BASSA the right of reply, just giving them more publicity.

Frustrating though it is I think the PR side is being handled quite well by BA. Keep the aircraft flying, post adverts in the newspapers reminding folks we're still in business and that's it. It drives the story off the front page because there's nothing new to report, no arguments to splash over the front page and denies Woodley, Simpson and/or Holley et. al. air time.