PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embraer EMB-110 Bandeirante
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 12:13
Che cows with guns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only logged 100 hours in the E110. As I was already flying a B200 my Chief Pilot thought a 2 hour endorsement would suffice and to be honest it did. I then did a little charter work around the traps in the Bandit mostly single pilot but on occassion two crew due to customer requirements. It was a really simple aircraft to fly and understand. A good first turbine endorsement, and it had a tiller, a novelty to me at that stage of my career. I sort of envied those that were flying them. I flew it initially for a South Aussie operator and then for a few hours with a West Aussie operator. I would have liked to fly the old beast some more but I moved on. They always looked good and passengers seemed to like them despite the fact they were stuck below 10,000 feet - supposedly - except in PNG.
The two crew concept in an E110 which could be flown easily single pilot (which was what I was endorsd to do as were most) was actually a good way to introduce two crew procedures to new recruits. Except no one wanted to be a Bandit F/O - of course - but promotion was generally pretty quick.
Good to see that the DHC-6 will be revamped as the industry needs a new upgraded work horse, with upgrade avionics and nav gear.
I have no stories, an old manual, a few un-remarkable photos and lots of fond memories of the E110/Bandit.
CHEers

Last edited by Che cows with guns; 25th May 2010 at 20:39.