PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 11:45
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oneye:

As per your request.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am in no way connected with aviation, whether operator or client.
I have observed these threads from the very beginning, both here and on the cabincrew forum, but finally, have become so inscenced(sp) with the 'one cell' diatribes and utter foolishness that I have read/witnessed, that I finally need to ask one or two fundamental questions.
The catalyst for this was listenning to 'linda', lower case on purpose, on the 'fascinating' Vine programme on radio 2 this day.
Setting aside the BBC left bias, this woman declared that she had to disguise here identity, by using a false name. She is a BASSA member and a strike advocate and was bleating about bullying and intimidation, which left me momenterily speechless, unusual for me. To date, I have not heard one syllable from the non strikers, defending their position.

There have been a few non-strikers who have appeared in interviews and on different call-in programs. Unfortunately they have no organized way to speak for themselves and I agree, it does make for a frustrating situation when you realize that the militant strikers are the minority.

Non-strikers should have a greater voice.

My points/ questions are as follows and I would really appreciate some sensible answers from both sides of the arguement.
Why has it not yet been made plain/obvious, the reasons behind the progenitor for this strike in the media? To wit, the imposition of the reduction of ONE crew member on a flight, remembering that Bassa have refused to negotiate for around 18 months.
Why is it that the media has not actually put the facts straight, that the bullying and intimadation has originated from militant Bassa members?
I guess that will do for now, but my opinion currently is, that it is high time that the PCCC came out of the woodwork and laid claim to the high ground and provided the media with some hard 'accurate' facts about the Bassa CSD's.

I have stated previously that perhaps it is time for the PCCC to step forward. Other posters have put forth some very reasonable reasons why they disagree with my proposal.

Whether PCCC decide now is the time or not I believe that BA could do a better job of getting the message out that they are supported by the VAST majority of their workers, including Cabin Crew.

BA Cabin Crew is certainly more than the individuals that we see screaming outside of hotels, wearing mens undergarments with Mr. Walsh's image on the seat or having their children hold signs with Mr. Walsh's eyes painted red. It would be good for BA and those individuals who are keeping the flag flying if there was a positive brand being seen by the public.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

You're welcome.