PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 10:52
opherben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chucks,
with my 36 year flying experience, a degree in air transportation management, work as XCAA accident investigator, and other higher qualifications, let me suggest the following:
1. Experts are not necessarily very bright when it comes to creative thinking and initiative.
2. With all that money, time and expertise already spent, where is the AF A330? why do professional pilots takeoff in a B757 with one failed airspeed indicator, and 2 minutes later CFIT, plus 3 other crews repeating exactly this during the relevant investigation simulations? why does a failed radar altimeter cause an aircraft to lose airspeed during the approach and crash the B737NG without crew intervention? Why did 18 out of 19 B744 pilots fail to identify and act upon below G/S and other serious PFD erroneous annunciations, in a Boeing/ Nasa/ Academy research? is all that the best humans can do, or maybe the result of expert work?
3. Aircraft accident investigations are also politically motivated. With Putin in charge of the investigation, rest assured his motives are not yours and ours.
4. If we professional pilots crash and burn, where is our expertise?
5. Being myself active in online flight simulation and air traffic control, it is a separate branch but a similar activity with a lot of commonality, with many high level professionals from RW involved, which makes that environment closer to real life than many here think. Want proof- look at the FREE manual I uploaded of the TU-154M, mentioned a few messages up.