PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th May 2010, 10:44
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, live from Crew Report Centre.

Atmosphere in here today is good. People appear genuinely happy to be here. Even those I've spoken to who have said "I cannot afford to take time off" have ended by saying "but I'd come in anyway".

There are as many crew walking about as there would be on a normal day at this time. And there are certainly as many CSDs. No shortage of black and silver ties.

DOMs are cool, calm and collected, as are Ops.

A couple of flights that were meant to go have been cancelled but I understand that's because of particularly poor loads and not because of a lack of crew. Infact, a friend of mine on one of the pulled flights said "the two ICCs have positioned home, four of us put on 2hr, 4 on QRS and another two just put on another flight". Do the maths - that's a full Triple Seven....

Further reports to follow. No rhetoric, just honest facts from the report centre.

But as things appear to me from here, it looks like a normal day at the office (but people seem happier, oddly enough).