PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th May 2010, 09:11
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we discuss this punish word. Does this collective thread think that strikers should be punished?
Litebulbs, it is not about "punishment", it is about the facts that UNITE would do well to take note of:

1. The offer that is on the table now, is the same one that has been on the table for the last few weeks.
2. It is also BETTER than the one that was on the table in March, that TW BEGGED WW to put back on the table during the last strike (2yr paydeal iso 4).
3. The offer is worse than the one that was rejected last year, that also had share scheme, bonuses, and an extra free ticket attached.
4. Two weeks ago BA offered that IF no strikes went ahead, and IF UNITE accepted the offer they would get ST back, albeit with a DOJ of Oct.

Therefore, rather than asking questions of us Litebulbs, surely it is your duty as a rep to ask these questions of your union:

If the offer is largely the same as all previous offers, WHY is it now suddenly so acceptable? What has all the striking been for if the offer is now acceptable?

If ST is the only sticking point, why did UNITE not negotiate around this two weeks ago when staff travel was back on the table?

What have they achieved by the strikes?
What do they hope to achieve by continuing to strike?

I look forward to hearing the replies Litebulbs.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my viewpoint and not that of BA.