PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 09:01
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTR. I believe that what ChicoG was referring to by his comment was the fact that Walsh was the person who had the job at BA.
You believe correctly

And let's all remember Duncan H. was fired because he was told to turn up to work and chose to bunk off. Hmmm. I'll tell my boss I'm not coming in tomorrow and that he should still pay me. See how that one goes

Added:

Even more hilariously, our Duncan doesn't like Willie, and wants him to step out of the negotiations.

Oh dear Duncan, you really are rather stupid, aren't you?

Both sources within Unite and senior figures within its hardline branch that specifically represents BA’s 12,000 cabin crew, have pinpointed Mr Williams as a far more emollient figure than Mr Walsh. They believe the dispute - which has increasingly centred on the personalities of the senior figures involved - could be brought to a swift halt if he were allowed to lead negotiations, rather than Mr Walsh.

"Without Walsh a deal would be much easier to pick up because of the trust involved," said Duncan Holley branch secretary of British Airlines Stewards and Stewardesses Association (Bassa), which represents the airline’s cabin crew.

"Keith Williams is well respected and there is a feeling within the community that we could forge a much better relationship with him. If Keith came to use with a deal, we would be much more likely to accept it."
I think what you mean is that Willie won't roll over like the rest of them.

Get over it you sad git.

And a bit of Unite spin:

The cabin crew branch of Unite, Bassa, said there was a different atmosphere among strikers compared with the last series of walkouts in March.

"The atmosphere is not as frenetic and intense as last time. People seem to be more determined and they have a quiet resolve," said one official.
Methinks that is a euphemism for "they know they are beaten".

(Note: Unite is also holding its annual conference next week, in Manchester. )

Edit: RicoG, can you please refrain from calling people morons and gits? Its not nice and against the rules.

Last edited by ChicoG; 25th May 2010 at 09:17.