PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 03:53
GreatBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the SEABED WORKER position updates, mm43.

Auv-ee and Machinbird: But why search Zone 2 at the latitude where the first body was discovered, when it is known that the cluster of bodies in that area was moving northward at about 20nm/day? Am I missing some major eddy or whirl or stasis that would have kept the bodies neatly on station around 3º30' N from June 1 until June 6, when they then commenced their northward drift (see post #1120)? Got any ideas, mm43?

I do hope the strategic thinking and best-guesses behind the search scheme eventually see the light of day, and don't drown in increasingly difficult internecine politics (thanks for the sad Navy vs. BEA story from LE FIGARO, jcjeant). We interested outliers are certainly working from a great deal of obtuse and inferred data points, unlike the experts presently in the kitchen. As I've said before, it would be nice to have regular information-rich updates direct from the scene -- a facility easily arranged in this day and age. But then that information might be more difficult to manage.

GB